You have meticulously planned what you’re going say at the upcoming presentation and the visuals have been perfected to impress your colleagues, but have you thought about how your hand gestures can boost your message during your presentation? Learn techniques in this entertaining lynda.com video on how to portray a sense of calm and confidence during your presentation by using your hands as kinesthetic exclamation marks, and avoiding some of the less effective hand gestures.
(you will be prompted to login with your CWL. Click on the top video screenshot for one-time viewing or select subscribe to entire playlist to add this learning series to your lynda.com account for future reference.)
How can you include effective gestures in your next presentation to accentuate your message? Do you have any ideas for impactful gestures which weren’t covered in the video? If so, we’d love to hear them in the comments below!
Learn more great tips in the full course: Presentation Fundamentals (1h 31m)
Other UBC Resources
- Communicating Across Cultures – Lynda.com (18m)
- Communicating With Confidence – Lynda.com (1h 28m)
- How to Present and Stay on Point – Lynda.com (24m)
- Public Speaking Fundamentals – Lynda.com (1h 4m)
- Preparing Presentations – UBC Continuing Studies, next held July 5-Aug 26, 2016, Online
Troubleshooting with lynda.com
Having trouble with lynda.com? Can’t login? Email email@example.com.